Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hip hip hooray...it is Logan's Birthday

Hello, well all I can say is that I cannot believe we are now sitting in June 2008! Where has this year gone! So today we are celebrating Logan's birthday, he turns 4 (he is telling everyone that is asking him that he is 1!) Confused child...maybe!

He was so excited for this day to arrive. I had to count it in the number of sleeps for him and we we started from about 7 sleeps and then after I said 2 more sleeps to him two days ago and he said, "Mom, one sleep and then another sleep and then it is my birfday!" Glad, he has the concept of counting now at 4! Last night, he said that when he get his presents he is going to have a big smile on his face! So cute they are when little people can understand the concept of birthdays! All Logan wants is a play-play quad bike! So we bought him a real one - well, actually a battery operated one. He was so excited when he saw the box with a big grin on his face. He got up this morning at 06h00 (yuck!) and opened his presents (except the quad bike which we gave to him this evening so Dad could put it together and spend time with him). We went out to lunch and Peter managed to join us as well as our friends Celeste, Sue and Luke and then Logan went back with Peter to work which was so nice for him to spend some time with his Dad!
Having lunch!Painting a shark! My new quad bike!

So the mercury is hitting around 40 degrees or more a everyday now (today predictions is 40 degrees with 66 % humidity but I got into the car this afternoon and it was 45!), with the humidity not yet off the charts but if feels like it for me (everyone just keeps reminding me that it will just get hotter - I don't know if I will cope!) I am looking forward to going home for winter!
I am very happy to say that I will be home with the boys around 12 July (so look out family and friends, we are going to party up a storm!) Really looking forward to our six weeks back home and on the first day it rains I think I might just stand out there for about an hour to draw in the water and coldness! Can't wait!

So off to bed - a very exhausting day (for a change!)

1 comment:

Firenze said...

Would you like to adopt an adult kid? I'd like a battery operated quad bike toooooooo!

That is one BEEEEEEEEEEEEG smile from the blonde little boy - ahhh, birthdays are so great!

Hugs
Helen