Sunday, June 15, 2008

Some creative juices flowing...

So for all my creative cardmaking and scrapbooking friends out there...I know...it has been a long while since I put anything creative on the blog so this entry is just for you!

On Friday and Saturday I was at a craft market in Dubai prompting scrapbooking and cardmaking and you cannot believe how many South Africans I met popping past the stall. It was a lot of fun but exhausting. I was there from 12h00 - 19h00 on both days and I taught a class doing a Tag Card Booklet - three people on Friday and two on Saturday. It was a lot of fun and it reminded me of my teaching days back home! When I come back from "summer break" I am hoping to get classes up and running here as there has been a lot of interest.

The tag card booklet consists of the following:

  • 2 pieces of chipboard/frameboard for your cover measuring 8 x 12.5 cm. You will then need to cut two pieces of scrapbooking paper or cardstock to cover these pieces that are slightly larger. On one of the pieces attach a ribbon across.
  • Cut cardstock to measure 12 cm x 30 cm (the black piece in this picture) and a piece of patterned paper to measure 7.5 cm x 30 cm. Put these two pieces together and measuring at 7.5 cm intervals score a line from top to bottom (on a ruler across this should be at 7.5 cm / 15 cm / 22.5 cm).
  • Put a strip of double sided tape along the length of the cardstock measuring 12 cm x 30 cm and strips along the scored lines on the patterned paper. Put the patterned paper onto the black carstock, this will create pockets. Fold the scored lines. Working from the left side fold the cardstock in, the next fold will be behind (creating a valley).A
  • Attach the back of the folded pockes (right side of the cardstock) to the ribbon piece of chipboard/frameboard (your covers).
  • Carefully attach the front piece by aligning it with the back piece.
  • Embellish the front cover and then tie the ribbon.
  • The tags were creating by cutting cardstock to measure 5 cm x 9 cm and then cutting off a piece of either side to create the tag. Embellish the tags.


Hope this all make sense! Very quick instructions. All I can say is "good luck!" and if something is not making sense email me! Would love to see your creations so once you have made them please scan and email them to me.

The other creative thing I was up to was making door hangers (the type you find at hotels that say "do not disturb!") for my two nieces, Ella-Rose and Madison Grace for their rooms. The template I just made up and then just embellished them using scrapbooking paper and ribbon.
It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed making them.

Okay I am off to be more creative so watch this space!

2 comments:

Firenze said...

I'm sure M & E-R will sleep much better with such pretty door hangers!
Helen

Rene Sharp said...

Hi Ronita. Would love you to add my site to your blog!! Wow, living in Dubai, that must be quite the adjustment. I will be checking in regularily to see whats up. Do they sell stamping & scrapbooking supplies in Dubai?